It is a small plug usually made of silicone, collagen or an absorbable material that is inserted into the eye’s punctum in order to preserve the eye’s tears by blocking the drainage of tears. It acts like a stopper in a sink, allowing more tears to remain in the eye. Punctum Plugs are virtually invisible to the naked eye and are about the size of sesame seed. The actual plug is attached to the end of a handheld dilator/dispenser that is used to first dilate the punctual opening and then insert the tiny Punctum plug into the patient’s Punctum.
The UltraPlug silicone plug offers you several advantages options for managing dry eyes:
- Provides reversible punctal occlusion for relief of the symptoms associated with Dry Eye Syndrome.
- Shaped for ease of insertion.
- Manufactured from soft medical-grade silicone to ensure patient comfort.
- Conveniently preloaded on a disposable inserter/dilator.
- Individually packaged to ensure sterility.
- Clear, see-though plug is not visible.
- Easily removed with jeweler’s forceps.
- Available in a range of sizes for optimal fit.
The UltraPlug was designed with ultimate patient comfort in mind. The head design of the UltraPlug is tapered and flat so it does not rub, itch, or irritate the eye, the plug length and head size is optimized to allow better punctal tissue fit around the plug head. Plug retention is superior in the Sharpoint plug as well.
The UltraPlug absorbable collagen plug also offers short-term punctual occlusion (5-7 days) and has the following features:
- Manufactured from precisely measured premium collagen.
- Used as a diagnostic assessment for permanent punctal occlusion.
- Available in standard and short lengths.
For more details visit: www.sharpoint.com